Monday, July 21, 2008

Pictures of Summer Fun






I could not let the summer go by without documenting how much fun and enjoyment the boys have swimming in the pool. Everyday I pick them up from preschool, the boys ask if they can go swimming. Of course the answer is always yes, unless it is raining.... We bought them flotation swimsuits because that way they could swim without us having to hold them. Also, Adam loves to jump off the diving board by himself- he thinks he is pretty big stuff. Lukie had to warm up to the idea, but now also jumps off the diving board as well. Their younger cousin Isabella has taken swimming lessons this summer and has started to swim without her flotation suit. Aunt Kari and Uncle Peter tried to convince the boys to swim without their suits- that was not well received. But I kept working on the boys and finally convinced Adam last Saturday to ditch the flotation suit. And of course HE LOVED IT. He pretty much started to swim straight away. And now wants to go without the suit on a regular basis. In fact, he told me that he is ready to go off the diving board without his suit. Adam is also tall enough now to touch the bottom of the pool in the shallow part of the pool. So he likes to jump off the side and then push off the bottom to get a breath. I then point him towards the side and he kind of does a funny arm, leg swim crawl. I think after one day, that he has done pretty well. So that will be a project to work on for the next month. I think Luke will take longer to get used to the idea. He does not like the feeling of the water coming over his head. I would love to capture the look on his face when this occurs; however, I am usually the one who is "saving him" so probably won't get that money shot. But trust me, it is pretty funny. Luke is my cautious, safe boy. Adam is Mr. Adventure. I just have to keep a very close eye on Adam so that he will make it to adulthood! Anways, thought I would also include a few swimming pics! Summertime is definately for swimming!

No comments: